With the holidays coming up, we are creating some deliciously fun holiday appetizers. Including these scrumptious cranberry brie bites. They are the perfect blend of sweet cranberry mixed with savory brie, all in a puff pastry.
These cranberry and brie bites are seriously the perfect holiday appetizer.
The sweetness of the cranberry mixed with the subtle savoriness of the brie makes these bites addictive.
Luckily they are so easy to make, that you can make sure to have plenty on hand next time it’s your turn to supply the holiday appetizers.
Table of Contents
Ingredients Needed for Cranberry and Brie Bites
- 1 15 count package frozen mini fillo shells
- 1 3 ounce package of brie cheese
- 1 cup cranberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 Tablespoons white granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- A few sprigs of rosemary (optional)
How to Make Your Cranberry and Brie Bites
To make these delicious cranberry brie bites, start by preheating your oven to 400 degrees.
On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the fillo shells right side up, one inch or so apart and set aside.
In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar and water stir. Top with a one-inch sprig of rosemary.
Bring the sauce to a boil over medium heat, then reduce to low.
Stirring until the cranberries pop, then immediately remove from the heat and discard the rosemary and set aside to cool.
Slice the brie into 15 pieces.
Now distribute into the fillo shells.
Bake in preheated oven for about 5 minutes or until the brie is smooth and melted.
Remove from oven and place 3-5 cranberries in each fillo shell.
Garnish with a small sprig of rosemary, if desired and serve immediately.
Tips to making these brie and cranberry puff pastries perfect:
- When chopping up your brie, we recommend removing the rind.
- When filling your pastry cups, make sure to they are full with the cheese before popping them in the oven. The brie will melt down to about half!
- When cooking the cranberries, remove them quickly from the heat after they start to pop. This will keep the cranberries a little firm and help them hold their shape in your bites. No one wants mush berries.